Thursday, April 7, 2011

Must... Have... more control

Yesterday, I was suppose to get out and have a nice liesurly long ride.  I packed my cycling stuff so I could leave work at 4pm to ride for 4hrs.  I forgot my bike shorts. Damn!  So, I had to go home and pick them up.  Then I started thinking I could be good at a group ride.  Nice and slow, take it easy because I rode hard the night before.  In all my years of doing the Wed. Night Rides, it has been very hard to "take it easy".  Yesterday was no exception.  I am suprised I didn't get a call from Joe Friel himself call me a dumb#$# .

It was fun though.  Hanging with the group and contesting the sprints.  I seem to do well on the short hills and the flat sprints.  The longer hills still get me... yeah, I will be holding on to dear life for the race this weekend on the very first hill.

Tonight, the team is getting together in Hooper, NE.  I hope I can be in control and take it easy.  Luckily my cruising speed is pretty fast.  I can stay with the group and not work so hard.

No comments: