Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Dottie Again?

Yep, I was on the trainer again last night.  Riding outside was an option but it was just as easy to climb on Dottie and go.   3hrs, that is not happening.  My only focus las night was to get some quality, long Zone 4 efforts.  I wasn't going to get off the bike until I had at least 30mins in Zone 4.

I warmed up for 40min.  By that time, I had a solid sweat puddle growning on my trainer mat.  I was ready.  I did a 2x6min, 1x7min, and 1x10min intervals.  Cool down... I was done.

The last interval was a stretch.  I had this conversation with myself to keep going and if I came up short I would have to do another 6min interval.  I made it 10 minutes on the last interval.  If only I could do that for an hour.

Tonight, I am scheduled for a 4:30 hr ride.  I will probably get about 3:30 - 4:00hrs of riding.  Close enough.  Tomorrow I am going make another attempt to do some short power intervals.

No comments: