Thursday, April 9, 2009

This week.... so far

I rode Tuesday night with some of the Bike Way team (Rich, Bryan, and Dan). Rich, Bryan and I were hitting it hard on the rolling hills on Platteview Rd. I would classify the ride as steady tempo with periods of high intensity. At one point Bryan tried to come around me. I couldn't let that happened so I kicked it pick up the pace. My HR quickly jumped to 185 which I have not seen in a long time.

Wed night I did the Bike Master's hammer fest. A big turn out. I would estimate 30 people showed up. My goal for the night... hang with the lead group. I was right up there with them. The group eventually thinned out to Spence, Vasquez, Rodgers, Brackenberry, Lempach and me. Pretty good company in my book. I am happy how my training is progressing.

2 comments:

Devin said...

It sounds like you're having a lot of fun riding, Joe. That's great! I wish I could join you, but there is an obvious barrier to that happening. By the way, isn't this supposed to be your rest week?

Joe said...

You caught me... I am not going to ride tonight and maybe stay off the bike tomorrow too.