Monday, December 20, 2010

Not a bad week

I was about 4 hrs under my scheduled training time in the past week.  The main reason for this is that I am just not ready to spend 3 & 4 hrs on the trainer.   I tried for 3 hrs Sunday, but ran out of motivation/energy about 2 hrs into the ride.

With that said I had a successful week.   My lifting workouts are getting better.   Doing squats and deadlifts are starting to "feel right".   When I do a squat, for example, I feel the tension more in my legs than back.  Also, I corrected myself on the dead lifts.  I found myself bending at the waist instead of lowering myself with my legs. I started timing my rest intervals between sets.  I just use the timer function on my blackberry.   This helped to keep my lifting moving along along with getting the required rest between sets.

On the bike, had a couple 2hr sessions and a couple 90min session.  With good speed and good energy.

I looked at my schedule again this week.  I started it a week too late, if I am trying to peak for Joe Martin.  So I am going to make an adjustment which will work out well.   Since I, last week was almost a rest week and I am a week behind, I am going to move forward to Build 2 of my training plan.  This should put me on track with peaking for Joe Martin.

No comments: