Monday, November 2, 2009

Prep Week 2

This week was about the same as last week. 3hrs spinning, 3hrs on the bike, and 2hrs lifting weights. I did miss a weight lifting session on Friday... going to make that up tonight.

The highlights of last week were Tuesday night in the gym lifting and my 3hrs ride on Sunday.

Tuesday - I was able to increase the weight on the hip sled to 315lbs for the last two sets. It is a challenging weight but I was able to crank out 30 reps each set. I felt a little extra soreness in my legs the next day so I won't increase the weight until I start the MT (Muscle Transistion) phase of lifting.

Sunday - It was a gorgeous day in Nov. Starting out it was 47degrees, blue skies and very light wind from the south. I headed North toward Ft Calhoun. I was having an Ideal endurance training ride. Keeping my HR below 150bpm & cadence about 100rpm. I felt good most the ride although my rpms dropped into the low 90s toward the end of the ride.
Some numbers - HR avg 140bpm, 44mi, Cadence avg 92, Avg Speed ~16mph.

No comments: