Friday, November 27, 2009

This Week

I decided to do one more week of prep... Next week starts my training schedule for the Joe Martin Stage Race (JMSR). That means I have about 22 weeks to get race ready and it does not seem like much time.

I will do my base building according to the Joe Friel recommendation but at the end of February I may get the JMSR training plan which is designed specifically for the JMSR.

This week I started the Muscle Transition part of strength training. This is where you do choose a weight that you can lift 10 - 15 times. For the hip-sled, I did 3 sets of 495lbs. I also increased my weight on the Seated & Standing rows.

I will do 2 more Muscle Transition sessions... then off to Muscle strength.

Wednesday I was able to get out for a long ride. The first half of the ride was a pretty miserable. The temp was about 42 degrees and very windy. I fought the wind for the first 2hours. By time I made it through Boyer Chute up to Ft Calhoun I felt that I was done. I grabbed something to eat at the gas station and headed back to town. After grinding up the hill to Omaha trace I started to enjoy the ride. My speed went up from a mear 13mph to a fun ~22mph and I was able to enjoy the late fall scenery on the trace. I put night lights on my bike but I wanted to head back to the safety of the trail before dark. I set out to do a 4hr ride and got 3:52min. I was able to stay in zone 2 for most the ride. My speed? I don't want to talk about it :)

Turkey Day - I hit the trail for a quick 20miles. I am working on a high cadence so it wasn't such a quick 20miles. I logged 1:30hrs in the saddle.

Note: I ordered a Polar CS600x from The Bike Way but Trevin is letting me use his garmin Edge 705. The 705's battery ran out on Wednesday's ride and the thing is big? Trevin says he can send the CS600x back if I want to get the garmin. Right now I think I will stay with the CS600x.

No comments: