Monday, May 4, 2009

The forgotten blog

not really forgotten but just haven't taken the time. Anyway another quick report on last weeks training.

Wednesday night - 2:30hrs to North from Mid Town to Ft Calhoun and back. I was hoping to catch the Trek store group but I don't think they went north that night.

Thursday Night - 2:00hrs. I let Nick and Vaughn beat up on me. We did a quick ride from Bike way North to Elk City. We hammered hard on the road east of Mt Micheal. I barely hung on to the two speedsters on the longest hill. I recovered a bit to take a few pulls but they did most of the work. I was able to get several long zone 5a efforts and one 2-3min zone 5b effort chasing Nick down. It didn't happen.

Friday Night - off

Saturday - 1:00hr spin class. 3:00hrs w/Nick Z & Chris S. Another hammer fest for me. After riding around town for a bit... Chris had to help someone with her mower. We headed towards Blair. I felt good that day, even though I would get dropped on a few hills. Thursdays ride seemed to be aerobic... this ride was more power and muscle strength. I am not sure why but my HR stayed mostly in the 160s but my legs were burning like crazy. It felt like one 2" strand of my quads was doing all the work.

Sunday 3:30hrs:64mi - by myself. North to Blair again. I kept the HR under 150bpm but I was still cruising fast. I tested my cruising speed. On a flat section of road and out of the wind I ramped my HR up to 150bpm (middle of zone 2 for me). My speed was about 25mph. The last time I did this my speed was about 24.

Monday - off

This is my last Build 2 week. It would be sweet if I can repeat last week again this week.

1 comment:

Devin said...

You're not alone, Dan. It may not be on the same day, but we'll both be in the clouds. I'll be on cloud nine about tomorrow afternoon. I just hope it's not raining.

See ya when you get back. Travel safe!