Friday, March 1, 2013

Finally it's March

and I am ready to put a stamp on winter.  I survived.  Yep, I was able to keep up with my training regime without any major misses in workouts.  Last was the only week that I missed a couple workouts.  One 4 hour endurance ride and a shorter endurance ride but I hit all my hard interval workouts.

This weekend I will test my legs down in Kansas at the Perry Dam race.  The plan is to get down there early for the Master's race and then ride the Cat 1/2/3 race.  I believe I am ready to do this race.  The distance is no problem with the Master's race being only 20 miles followed by the 30 mile Category race.  I am a bit worried about the hill.  Just the one hill to the dam but we hit it once every 5 mile lap.  I can sit here an tell ya that it is only a training race but if I don't do well it will affect(effect?) my mood.  I am not going to taper for this race either.  Tomorrow is a long endurance ride.

Let the road racing begin!!


Jon Downey said...

Good luck Joe!

Joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joe said...

Thanks Jon... Kevin Murrey is going down for the race too.