Tuesday, November 29, 2011

2012 Begins now

I started training for Joe Martin today.  My training plan is in place and I am starting to get motivated.  The motivation is hard to come by.  In the past 2 years, I have spent many hours on the trainer up to 4hrs session. I will probably do the same this year but I dont want to think about it.

 I am starting with good base miles.  Nothing formal.  With commuting and group rides on the weekend, I have been averaging 8+hrs a week in the saddle.

I have my training plan set to peak for Joe Martin but the ultimate goal is the Elkhorn Classic Bike Race in Oregon.  All other races will be training for these two events.

FAYETTEVILLE, ARKANSAS - 2012 will be the 35th anniversary for the amatuer races and 10th anniversary for the NRC races.

The Joe Martin Stage Race is part of the National Race Calendar (NRC) which is the pro and elite amateur cycling tour of USA Cycling. USA Cycling is the national governing body of cycling operating under the United States Olympic Committee.
More than $50,000 in cash and over $10,000 in merchandise will be given away over the four-day, four event Pro/Elite category and two-day, three-stage amateur category races.

Over 700 athletes from 19 countries and more than 47 states will be attending the race.

No comments: