Monday, July 19, 2010

On the Road again

Last weekend I was on the bike again. Both days, Saturday and Sunday.  All I can say right now is that I am way out of shape.

My legs are strong enough but any effort would send my HR up into the red zone.  I was exhausted at only 5 miles and my neck hurted.   On Saturday, I think the heat was a big part of my exhaustion.  Sunday, I could only ride a few minutes at a steady pace then I would rest.   Total miles on the weekend?  Less than 30mi.

I still want to do the Stage race in S. Dakota.  I have only a few weeks to prepare... what to do?  The game plan (I am making this up as I type).  Each week I will try to get: One race pace ride(or intervals), one long of 3hrs+, ride, and one hill ride.  Between these harder rides I will do some very slow recovery rides.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Great to hear Joe! Welcome back!

Joe said...

Thanks Jon... it is going to be a slow road.

photo_lolo said...

Good for you, Joe! Good luck. Miss seeing you on a bike.